After A Suicide/After an Attempt
The death of a loved one and community member by suicide often has a profound and devastating ripple effect of those left behind. Those left behind are often referred to as survivors and can experience struggles with complicated grief from the loss, stigma of the suicide death, and are at an increased risk for suicide and suicidal thoughts. This loss is life changing and it is important to get support.
- Caring Connections – A hope and comfort in grief program operated by the University of Utah College of Nursing. They offer grief support groups for those who have lost a loved one to suicide.
- NAMI Utah Suicide Survivor Support Group – Peer support groups for those who have lost a loved one to suicide.
• Salt Lake County
• Davis County
- Heart and Soul Survivor Group
Taking Care of Your Yourself or a Family Member
- Caring for Yourself After Treatment in the ER View the Guide
- Caring for Your Family Member After Treatment in the ER View the Guide
- A Guide for Medical Providers In the ER View the Guide
- After a Suicide: A Toolkit for High Schools View the Guide
- After a Suicide: Recommendations for Religious Services and Other Public Memorials View the Guide