Forensic Evaluator Information
Forensic Evaluator Contracting
- Click here to access the BidSync website. Use DHS90615 to access the Utah contracting section.
- Click Here for City to City Mileage Chart
All persons interested in contracting with the State of Utah to perform Forensic Evaluator duties, must apply online using BidSync.com.
2013 Forensic Evaluator Annual Training
- Death Penalty Competency
- Juvenile Competency Evaluation Procedure
- Juvenile Competency Process
- During the 2012 Legislative General Session, House Bill 0393 (H.B. 393) was passed and signed into law, effective on May 8, 2012. The legislation created Utah’s first juvenile competency to proceed law. The law enacts standards and procedures for juvenile competency proceedings in the Juvenile Court, clarifies duties and responsibilities of the Department of Human Services (DHS) in regards to juvenile competency, and defines terms. As part of the requirements of H.B. 393, two divisions within DHS, the Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health (DSAMH) and the Division of Services for People with Disabilities (DSPD) are now responsible to: 1) conduct juvenile competency evaluations, and 2) prepare and implement a competency attainment plan when ordered by the Court.
- Click here to view UCA 78A-6-1301/Competency to Proceed
- Utah Juvenile Competency Attainment Training Curriculum – Copyright © 2013 by the Department of Human Services, State of Utah, all rights reserved.
- Utah Juvenile Competency Attainment Workbook – Copyright © 2013 by the Department of Human Services, State of Utah, all rights reserved.
Please contact Amanda Alkema at DSAMH for the list of Forensic Evaluators with State Contracts. Amanda can be reached at (801) 538-4471, or by email at: email@example.com.
Juvenile Forensic Evaluations
Juvenile Procedure Sheets for:
Adult Forensic Evaluations
- Click here to access UCA 77-15-5/Inquiry into Sanity of Defendant (Competency)
- Click here to access UCA 77-15-6/Progress Toward Competency
- Click here to access UCA 77-15a-104/Exemption from Death Penalty
- Click here to access UCA 77-16a-103/Guilty and Mentally Ill at Time of Offense
- Click here to access UCA 77-16a-301/Not Guilty by Reason of Diminished Capacity & Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity
- Click here to access UCA 77-19-204/Competency for Execution
- Click here to access UCA 77-19-205/Progress Toward Competency for Execution
For information regarding adults who have been Court Ordered for restoration of competency at the Utah State Hospital (USH) Forensic Unit, please call USH at (801) 344-4277.